Did you know many social sites are trying so hard to protect their users from everyday hackers and what not?…
… And Facebook is no exception!
When was the last time you updated your facebook settings under “Settings & Privacy”?
Well, Doing so helps you be up-to-date with Facebook’s security upgrades, Helping you stay protected.
Under the feature you shall find controls and commands to:
• Un-Connect apps you no longer need that may still have access to your account risking your account to multiple activity then loophole for hackers.
• Disable all the ports(devices) you have logged in for, Just in case you never logged out, one can login using a trick retrieving data sent and reentered.
• Mark and identify your default browser so as you pass automatically without much verification needed apart from your password, more safer, your personal phone or home(private/trusted) computer.
• Set login passwords aimed at allowing you to only login when a password is sent to your handheld to be typed in after the traditional every-day password that may also need updating.
• Enable login notifications direct to your handheld via sms/Email function to alert you when your account has been accessed from a certain area, machine and time.
• Control tags people make on Facebook and review what should be tagged onto your account.
• Also, to add a minimum of three(3) people you trust into settings to help you retrieve your account in future, in case something goes technically wrong.
• And much more…
As much as these controls sound cool and what more, they are like a launch room full of buttons and levers. You need to read the notices and instructions properly or have a friend go through it with you.
These features all help you to personalize your account, protect it, monitor it, link it to trusted parties and… Well, keep it yours!
Be free…- Ongani